This position requires a high-energy, self-directed, deadline-oriented individual who has exceptional communication skills and is able to maintain a Company blog on the subject of manufacturing technologies, theories, etc. in the furniture design, interior design, and furniture manufacturing industry, as well as successfully develop and maintain corporate pages on all relevant social networking sites in order to cultivate and uphold a positive online reputation.
The successful candidate will research and write articles in a conversational, engaging style. Each blog entry and/or social media post will reinforce the Company?s main objectives: offer best practices information, create a sense of community, offer continuing education information, provide a connection to the Company, and create an opportunity for reader comments.
1. Edit and publish content on the blog under the direction of the Company Director
2. Develop and maintain corporate pages on all relevant social networking sites including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
3. Measure and track the effectiveness of blog topics based on number of viewers and number of comments
4. Perform continuous enhancements and modifications to the chapter blog
5. Troubleshoot and repair bugs and technical problems
6. As appropriate, respond promptly to blog comments and e-mail
7. Act as liaison between blog readers and the Company
8. Perform other duties as assigned
Possess engaging "conversational" writing skills with a professional posture. The successful candidate must be computer and Internet savvy, with considerable experience in using and building blog/social media communities. Candidate must be able to provide a portfolio of articles/posts. Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or related field preferred.